.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Journey into the autistic world.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Update: Change of the date of May 6th Book Launch of My First Picture Book –All Because of the Hummingbird… Or the Horse

Update: Due to the fact that the Election Day will be held on May 6th, I have had to reschedule the book launch.

The new date is: Sunday, May 14th, 2006, 3:00-4:30 p.m. The venue remains the same.

I am pleased to invite you all to attend the Official Book Launch of my first picture book, All Because of the Hummingbird… Or the Horse - a collaboration with Ing Yong Chien, illustrator. The National Library Board has graciously provided us with a free venue at the National Library Building on May 6th, 2006. The picture book will first be available at this book launch. It costs $20.00, with 70 percent of the profits donated to a children’s programme for autistic kids. Please read the previous blog entries for more information.

The detailed information on the Book Launch is as follows:

Book Launch of a Picture Book about Autistic Child: All Because of the Hummingbird… Or the Horse

Choo Kah Ying, author and Ing Yong Chien, illustrator


Get a glimpse into the mind and life of an autistic boy through this heartwarming picture book that depicts his struggles and courage in overcoming his fear of an


mals. In writing a book for primary school children, Choo Kah Ying, author, hopes that the next generation of Singaporeans will grow up to be compassionate towards others, including those with autism. Apart from discussing the creation of this book (with Ing Yong Chien, illustrator) and reading snippets from it, Ms. Choo will also talk about her extraordinary eight-year journey of raising and loving her autistic son. There will be a book signing following this event.

Time: Saturday, 6 May, 3.00 – 4.30 pm.

Venue: Central Lending Library (Basement 1, Multi-purpose Room)
100 Victoria Street
National Library Building

Registration: Please register for this event by contacting Ms. Choo Kah Ying at 8163-4509 or kchoo7@gmail.com. It will help us to coordinate seating arrangements.


As this book is targeted at primary school children, please feel free to tell your friends and relatives with primary school kids.

3 Comments:

  • Hey Kah Ying, i read your article on how u taught ur son a alternative method of learning for austistic children! It was very helpful in my Final Year Project. I'm Leona Chong From Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts. Please visit my Graduation Show from 22apr-30apr in Nafa Gallery 1&2. I did a Graphic Design Campaign for an Autism Event. I've also collected your older TODAY Articles and The Straits Times too for my research. If not for your articles, i wouldn't have been able to portray the Autistic child the way i did in my campaign. I'll support your book by coming down during your event at NLB! =) Thanks very much. Hope Sebastien improves over time under your guidance

    You've done a great job. and I share the same belief that every autistic child deserves a rightful education and not be shunned by the rest of the public.

    By Blogger ofallpervs, at 10:48 PM  

  • Hi Leona:

    Thank you for your comments. I will certainly put you down on my RSVP list. I will also be very excited to see your project at the nafa Gallery. Maybe we can plan to meet there and you can tell me about your work.

    By Blogger Choo Kah Ying, at 9:32 AM  

  • Dear Kah Ying
    I came across your newspaper article about you and your little boy. I am quite interested to obtain a copy of your book though I could not attend your book launch at the National Library today. I have a 5 year old boy who was diagnosed having mild autism two years ago. Is it possible for me to send a cheque payment including postage to you so that you can make arrangement to mail the book to my residence? Await your early reply. My email address is meiyun@inbox.com. Take lots of care. Kind regards, Lorraine

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home