.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Journey into the autistic world.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Memorable Mothers’ Day Celebration: A Successful Book Launch!

I would like to thank all of you who attended the book launch of my first picture book – All Because of the Hummingbird… Or the Horse -- on Mothers’ Day at the National Library. Even though I was too nervous to realise it at the time, I was energised by the incredibly good energy of the people who have gathered in support of this creative worthy cause. So to my family, relatives, friends, parents of autistic children, professionals and members of the general public, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Sebastien, Yong Chien and I really enjoyed and appreciated the opportunity of signing our books for you.

At this point, I would also like to extend my thanks to the following people for making this book launch such a success: Yong Chien for his incredible talent and work; Lim Poh Poh and Wai Ling for providing me with the venue and hosting the event; Nancy Lim and Chan Yiulin for their effective promotional efforts; the reporters and photographers who promoted this picture book; Fiona and her family for helping out at the event; Yuri, my husband for coordinating the logistics of the event, taking pictures and putting up with my nerves; and last, but not least, Sebastien, whose presence, is a constant blessing to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home